Saturday, August 28, 2010

Past Progressive

I was walking down the street when it began to rain.
(+) S + was/were + v-ing + O + adverb of time
(-) S + was/were + not + v-ing + O + adverb of time
(?) was/were + S + v-ing + O + adverb of time?

Usage

Indicate an activity or situation was in progress at particular time in the past.
Example:
At 08.00 pm yesterday we were playing video game.

Both action that occurred in the same time, but one action began earlier and was in progress when the other action occurred.
Example:
I was watching TV when she arrived. (The past progressive form ‘watching TV’ happen first and for the past form is second).
While I was studying last night, she called me.
 
Frequently used adverb
When…, while.., at… o’clock yesterday and other in the past.


Note:
Were: they, we, you
Was: I, he, she, it, name (Jhon).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Nice reader always leave a comment.