Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Present Perfect Progressive

Law: "I have been learning kung fu for 7 years."

(+) S + aux (have/has) + been + v-ing + O + adverb of time
(-) S + aux (have/has) not + been + v-ing + O + adverb of time
(?) Aux (have/has) + S + been + v-ing + O + adverb of time

Example:
I have been studying here for a year
She has not been living here for 5 years
Has John been working here for 3 months?

Usage

To indicate the duration of an activity that began in the past and continues to the present.
Example:
I have been waiting here since 8 o’clock
You have been studying for 2 ours

Expresses a general activity in progress recently, lately.
Example:
I have been thinking about buying a new car
The students have been sitting here

Adverb frequently used.
For= selama
Since= sejak
How long = berapa lama ?



Note:
Auxiliary:
Have + been = I, You, We, They
Has + been = He, She, It, name

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Nice reader always leave a comment.