Finally the certainty of WSBK round in Indonesia has come. Infront Motor Sports, rights holders for World Superbikes, confirmed the news on Tuesday, with Sentul hosting a round of the championship for the first time in 15 years next season.

Maurizio Flamini and Ministry of Walfare, Agung Laksono (img src:tmcblog)

Maurizio Flammini, president of Infront Motor Sports, said: “We are proud of the growth of the Superbike calendar which, thanks to the inclusion of the latest rounds, is obtaining a presence in countries of major importance for the development of our championship on a sporting and commercial level."

Previously Tinton Soeprapto, director of PT Sarana Sirkuitindo Utama - which manages the Sentul International Circuit – announced that Sentul will hosting WSBK for 3 years as on the deal.

“The contract value of one Superstars series [event] is around 3 million to 4 million euro/year or 35,65 billion rupiahs to 47,53 billion rupiahs/year. The Superbike contract is also around that value,” Tinton told, adding that the money was coming from private sponsors and not the government.”

Shown on the banner in the picture, Indonesian round will be held on March  2013. At least a year now and that is a sufficient time to fix the circuit to follow the regulation.


Post a Comment

Nice reader always leave a comment.